Aerones was named Riga Startup of the Year at the third Riga Business Award ceremony. Cellbox Labs, SAF Tehnika, Accenture, SEB Global Services and Bonava Latvija have also each been awarded in their own respective category.
“These six companies serve as role models and inspiration for the people of Riga. Their ambition, skills and products make an important contribution to the development of the city. As a seasoned trade hub, Riga is a rewarding place for new ideas and safe investments,” said Riga Mayor Vilnis Ķirsis.
Think beyond city borders
Fredis Bikovs, Director of the Investment and Tourism Agency of Riga, shared that now that the best entrepreneurs of Riga have been honoured for the third time, one can clearly see their common features.
“They always think beyond city or country borders and their success is based on innovation, strategic vision and professional teams,” says Bikovs.
The event awarded the best companies of the year in six priority sectors for Riga: startup, international business centre, information and communication technologies (ICT), real estate, biomedicine and high value-added manufacturing.
Year’s highest achievers
- Riga Startup of the Year: Aerones, the robotic wind turbine maintenance and inspection company, which also received Latvia’s first Latvian Startup Award in the Hardware category, as well as the first intellectual property award from the Patent Office.
- Riga Business of the Year in ICT: Accenture. Read the Labs of Latvia interview with Accenture Baltics director Maksims Jegorovs!
- Riga Business of the Year in the biomedical sector: Cellbox Labs. This year, Cellbox also received Latvia’s first Latvian Startup Award for impact.
- Riga Business of the Year in the high value-added manufacturing sector: SAF Tehnika.
- Riga Business of the Year in Real Estate: Bonava Latvija.
- Riga Business of the Year in global business services: SEB Global Services.